Six Sentence Sunday 5/20/12

Welcome to my second Six Sentence Sunday entry!


Today I offer up six sentences from an in-progress short story (iLove) I am writing for the Mad Scientist anthology for Circlet Press.  Currently I have a contest open to rename Beth in the story, as well as an optional physical description.


Heading to the lecture hall entrance, she slowed her steps just enough that she wouldn't loudly bang into the room.  She wanted the professor's attention, but not by looking like an idiot!  Beth slipped through the doors and slid quietly into the first available seat she saw, her gaze riveted on Dr. Green.  The professor was pacing before the students, dragging one hand through his thick, disheveled chestnut hair and talking about a project that he needed volunteers for.  Beth sat straight up in her seat, her pen poised over a notepad ready to capture every detail.  This was her chance!


I love comments!

8 Response to "Six Sentence Sunday 5/20/12"

  1. Kharisma Rhayne says:
    May 20, 2012 at 10:11 AM

    Ooh interesting snip....leaves you wondering what's going on :D
    Thanks for joining in this week ☺

  2. Patricia Green says:
    May 20, 2012 at 11:11 AM

    Great intro to these characters. I'm looking forward to more.

  3. S.J. Maylee says:
    May 20, 2012 at 3:52 PM

    Intriguing, I'm going to have to come back next week :)

  4. Cara Bristol says:
    May 20, 2012 at 5:01 PM

    Reminds me of my college days...though I doubt in reality I had the same experience as your character!

  5. Jennifer Lynne says:
    May 20, 2012 at 6:54 PM

    This Six is enticing and I'd like to read more! Thanks, Damiana :)

  6. Siobhan Muir says:
    May 20, 2012 at 9:06 PM

    This is a great set-up, Damiana. Sounds like a woman who knows what she wants. Fun six. :)

  7. M.L. Falconer says:
    May 21, 2012 at 12:54 AM

    Great Six Damiana! Welcome to the Six Sentence Sunday club. I'm definitely in company with so many talented writers. I'm sure taken by your writing and I'm glad I stumbled onto your page. I look forward to returning for more.

  8. Anonymous Says:
    May 21, 2012 at 9:14 AM

    Great six! Looks like she's got her opening, hope she manages to get his attention. :)

Post a Comment